We are open and look forward to welcoming you under Alert level 2 restrictions. Here you will find information relating to our procedures and policies for Covid-19. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us on 06 3292 838. This is a dynamic page that is regularly updated to align with the latest Government information. For a full list of guidelines and government advice, please visit the Covid-19 website.
What Level 2 means for us
To meet Government requirements for contact tracing, we have a QR code available to scan for the Government Covid-19 Tracer. This can be found when entering the main lodge.
Physical distancing is required, so we encourage you to keep 2m apart from people you are not familiar with. This applies in the lodges common areas such as the entranceway, lounge and dining areas. The spa pool is booked in timeslots; we will let you know upon check in when you are available to use it. We do require time in between guests to ensure the correct servicing and wipe down of the area.
Hygiene and safety
At Hiwinui Country Estate we are ensuring the safety and wellbeing of ourselves and guests and we are following official advice from the Government and monitoring updates closely.
As New Zealand responds to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are committed to providing a safe and clean experience that puts our guests first. We are using appropriate PPE and we have instigated the following procedures:
- Frequent sanitisation of lodges common areas, such as the entranceway, lounge, dining areas, outdoor deck area and outdoor spa area;
- Frequent sanitisation of high-touch surfaces, such as the eftpos machine and door plates;
- Hand sanitizer available at entranceway;
In order to keep our people safe, the conditions of entry to Hiwinui Country Estate are as follows:
- That you are not in self-isolation or quarantine, or awaiting Covid-19 test results.
- That you have not been in close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case, or someone in self-isolation or awaiting Covid-19 test results.
- That you do not have any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, coughing or sneezing, difficulty breathing, sore throat and fatigue.
For a full list of guidelines and Government advice, please visit the COVID-19 site.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic and its implications on travel, we have revised our cancellation policy to accommodate free cancellations or changes to travel plans that occur due to a COVID-19 travel restriction within 24 hours.
Thank you for hosting us at this beautiful spot. It was just what our souls needed!
Warren & Andrea, Wairarapa
The most beautiful experience with lovely hosts. We enjoyed our stay at Hiwinui with a relaxing spa, an evening of wine with a delicious platter for two and a
We had an amazing time. We were very looked after and would definitely come back. Thank you for sharing your beautiful place with us on our special day.
Patrick & Ivy, Wellington