We are open and look forward to welcoming you under the COVID 19 Protection Framework – ORANGE light settings. Here you will find information relating to our procedures and policies for Covid-19. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us on (06) 3292838. This is a dynamic page that is regularly updated to align with the latest Government information. For a full list of guidelines and government advice, please visit the Covid-19 website. From Friday 3rd December 2021 we are covered by the new Government Covid-19 Protection Framework as part of the hospitality sector and deemed as a close contact business.
What does this mean for us?
For us, this means we will require evidence of your vaccination in order to stay at Hiwinui Country Estate. This new policy made for our business and applies to all guests and visitors which will come into effect from Friday 3rd December – the date mandated by the Government for the new Framework to commence. If you are staying with us, holding your wedding or event with us after this date, the new policy applies to you and anyone staying with you.
What does this mean for you?
We will require you to produce your official Vaccine Pass upon check in. If you are unable to provide a Vaccine Pass please contact us and you are entitled to a full refund or free cancellation as long as we are notified 48 hours in advance of check in time. Vaccine Passes will only be accepted if we can verify them on the Vaccine Verifier App at check in or the printed version by sight.
A Vaccine Pass will be mandatory for all guests, staff and visitors who are at Hiwinui Country Estate from Friday 3rd December.
Reservation Holders are asked to ensure you understand the new rules so we can ensure a smooth check-in and a safe relaxing holiday. These are the steps to take:
- Read the full details of this page which outlines our Covid-19 Policy.
- Understand that the new Vaccine Pass requirements will apply to all those who intend to travel with you as part of your booking so please share this information with them as soon as possible. Sorry, we will not be able to make exceptions to the rules at the time of check-in.
- Apply for your Vaccine Pass here
- Have access to your vaccination certificate at the time of check in; we will require this from every guest in order to access the rooms. We will scan your Vaccine Pass using the Vaccine Verifier App or in person by sight.
- If you wish to cancel or amend your current booking, you must do this 48 hours in advance of your stay; please email us on [email protected] or call us on (06) 3292838.
If you arrive to check in and are unable to produce your Vaccine Pass, or it is unable to be verified, your booking will be cancelled and no refund will be given.
To meet Government requirements for contact tracing, we have a QR code available to scan for the Government Covid-19 Tracer. This can be found in the entranceway of the lodge and our Tree Tops apartment
Physical distancing is required between strangers, so we encourage you to keep 2m apart from people you are not familiar with. This applies in the lodges common areas such as the entranceway, lounge/dining area, as well as the spa pool area.
Hygiene and safety
At Hiwinui Country Estate, ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our guests, staff and wider community is our first priority. We are following official advice from the Government and monitoring updates closely.
In order to keep our people safe, the conditions of entry to Hiwinui Country Estate are as follows:
- That you are not in self-isolation or quarantine, or awaiting Covid-19 test results.
- That you have not been in close contact with a confirmed Covid-19 case, or someone in self-isolation or awaiting Covid-19 test results.
- That you do not have any cold or flu-like symptoms, such as fever, coughing or sneezing, difficulty breathing, sore throat and fatigue.
For a full list of guidelines and Government advice, please visit the COVID-19 site.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic and its implications on travel, we have revised our cancellation policy to accommodate cancellations or changes to travel plans that occur due to COVID 19 restrictions placed on travel.
Confirmed bookings are eligible for free cancellation up to 48 hours prior to check-in. Within 48 hours of check-in (2:30pm), standard cancellation policy applies (you will be charged for one full nights stay).
Keep in mind that travel restrictions vary across different regions. Keep up to date with the latest restrictions at https://www.health.govt.nz/
We will continue to do all we can to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable stay at Hiwinui Country Estate. We are 100% committed to maintaining the highest standards of service, hygiene and protection as required by the NZ Government Covid-19 Protection Framework. We really appreciate your patience and support.
Thank you for a divine experience - Very special!!!
Cathy & Max, Wellington
Thank you for hosting us at this beautiful spot. It was just what our souls needed!
Warren & Andrea, Wairarapa
Thanks for a wonderful stay - such an amazing place you have so thanks for sharing x
Ash & Edaan, Hawke's Bay